This paper will criticize one kind of approach taken by Sallie McFague on the concept of the Body of God to explain the relationship between humans and nature. This evaluation was carried out because the approach taken by McFague is an approach that seeks to revise Christian orthodoxy which is considered unfriendly to the environment and is not sufficient to answer the problem of the ecological crisis. Some of the revisions made by McFague are the story of the creation and incarnation of Christ. Through this paper, it will be evaluated whether the story of creation and incarnation needs to be revised to answer the problem of the ecological crisis.
- Bouma-Prediger, Steven. For the Beauty of the Earth: A Christian Vision for Creation Care. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Academic, 2015. Kindle.
- Conradie, Ernst M. Christianity and Ecological Theology: Resources for further research. Stellenbosch: SUN PReSS, 2006.
- DeWitt, Calvin B. “Stewardship: Responding Dynamically to The Consequences of Human Action In The World.” Dalam Environmental Stewardship: Critical Perspectives—Past and Present, diedit oleh R. J. Berry, 145 – 158. New York & London: T & T Clark International, 2006. http://faithfoodenvironment.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Stewardship-Responding-Dynamically-to-Human-Action-in-the-World.pdf (diakses 30 September 2020).
- DeWitt, Calvin B. “A Scientist's Theological Reflection on Creation.” Transformation 10, no. 2 (1993): 12 – 16.
- DeWitt, Calvin B. Caring for Creation: Responsible Stewardship of God's Handiwork. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker Books, 1998.
- DeWitt, Calvin B. Earthwise: A Guide to Hopeful Creation Care. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Faith Alive Christian Resources, 2011. Kindle.
- DeWitt, Calvin B. Song of a Scientist: The Harmony of a God-Soaked Creation. Grand Rapids, Michigan: Faith Alive Christian Resources, 2012.
- Flanagan, Tara. “The Broken Body of God: Moving Beyond the Beauty Bias in Ecological Ethics.” Currents in Theology and Mission 39, no. 2 (2012): 146 – 150. EBSCOhost.
- McFague, Sallie “Imaging a Theology of Nature: The World as God’s Body.” Religion Online. http://www.religion-online.org/article/imaging-a-theology-of-nature-the-world-as-gods-body/ (diakses 22 September 2020).
- McFague, Sallie. “An Epilogue: The Christian Paradigm.” Dalam Christian Theology: An Introduction to Its Traditions and Tasks, diedit oleh Peter C. Hodgson dan Robert H. King, 377 – 390. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1994.
- McFague, Sallie. “The World as God’s Body,” Religious Online. http://www.religion-online.org/article/the-world-as-gods-body/ (diakses 28 September 2020).
- McFague, Sallie. Speaking in Parables: A Study in Metaphor and Theology. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1975.
- McFague, Sallie. The Body of God: An Ecological Theology. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 1993. Kindle.
- McGrath, Alister. The Reenchanment Of Nature: The Denial of Religion and The Ecological Crisis. New York: Doubleday, 2002.
- McWilliams, Warren. “Christic Paradigm and Cosmic Christ: Ecological Christology in the Theologies of Sallie McFague and Jürgen Moltmann.” Perspectives in Religious Studies 25, no. 4 (1998): 341 - 355. EBSCOhost.
- Sahinidou, Ioanna. “Reflections on the Work of Sallie McFague.” International Journal of Humanities Social Sciences and Education Vol. 2, Issue 8 (2015): 18 – 22. Arc Journals.
- The Christian Century. “Ecofeminist Theologian Sallie McFague dies at 86.” December 2019.
- White, Jr., Lynn. “The Historical Roots of Our Ecologic Crisis.” Science. Vol. 155, No. 3767 (10 Maret 1967): 1203-1207. http://www.jstor.org/stable/1720120 (diakses 7 Maret 2020).
- Wilkinson, Loren , “The Uneasy Conscience of the Human Race: Rediscovering Creation in the “Environmental” Movement.” Dalam God and Culture: Essays in Honor of Carl F. H. Henry, diedit oleh D. A. Carson dan John D. Woodbridge, 301 - 320. Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1993.
- Wilkinson, Loren. “Integrate and Interpretation: On interpreting the ״Two Books” of Revelation.” Crux 23, no. 1 (1987): 11 – 25.
- Wilkinson, Loren., ed. Earthkeeping: Christian Stewardship of Natural Resources. Michigan: William B. Eerdmans, 1980.
- Wolters, Albert M. Creation Regained: Biblical Basics for a Reformational Worldview. Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1985.